Monday, April 27, 2009

Hair buns for the soppy ones.





Pin it up, I say!!

Quite frankly, I have never been a fan of loose hair. To begin with, my hair is rather unmanagable, I have few of it, it's thin and is coloured blond which all together gives a rather rubbishy and unhealthy appearance to the hair, making it almost impossible for me to let it lustfully loose.
However THANK THE LORD the bun is back.
Yes yes I agree that the loose buns with glittery "greek looking" head bands, have been spotted on at least every single 19 year old who heads down to the social club on a friday night in the hope of impressing/pulling/marrying Birdy Nam Nam or some other Dj who walks around with his whisky coke in hand auto proclaming himself the new french touch, and it is true that the bun on the thinning head of a 60 year old bourgeoise, does not really inspire the " Venus goddess look", but if done correctly, can look rather stunning.

I finally decided therefore to head down to the expensive temple of hairdomness Accessorize, spent at least a weeks worth of my food money on bows , hairbands and other unnecessary hair pieces, got home and tried out the whispy, out of bed bun with a beaded hairband around the fringe, and I was rather chuffed with the result.

Of course I loathe myself for sinking down to the level of the trendy 18 year olds, and I feel a little bit like a 70 year old who thinks that by wearing velour jogging bottoms it'll make her look 20 years younger, but in all honestly the bun is easy to do. First of all it makes your neck look longer and therefore more graceful and the bejeweled hairband in the blond hair really does give off that flirty, innocent, pretty but negligé effect. Finally the bun because of its bourgeois connotation, gives off that juvenile look of the private school girl who just got fondled by the school prefect in the bushes behind the netball court. For once that i don't feel like shaving my hair off, and a haircut that knocks off 3 years, I say yes to the messy bun.

ps: (Sorry about the picture, Unfortunatly I am not garanteeing the Diane Kruger effect with this hair do, but she remains the best exemple of how to pull off the look without looking like a pigeon's nest after a storm)

No comments:

Post a Comment