Monday, June 1, 2009

A call to the girls who are happy in their own back yard

I have been warned never to let my private life appear on this blog, never to let an emotion slip, to behave like a complete ice maiden who outside of the blogosphere doesn't actually have a real existence, where nothing ever comes to disrupt the rythm, where nothing can strive to make me unhappy or make me simply want to celebrate life.

When I hit 24 I thought , "I am getting a bit old for the innocent look, too wise for naïve happiness, too cynical for pretty pictures, too burnt by emotions of jealousy, possession and betrayal to even go back to something softer". But as time goes on, I realise that it is a gift, given to few, to be able to appreciate the pretty and simple things in life.
No matter how hard people try to batter your moral it is essentiel to keep a certain childhood innocence whilst learning to grow up at the same time.
It's nothing to be able to call your self a wise man, an intellectual, a man of words, a wealthy business man, if you can't feel the most primordial and primitive feelings of happiness. The people who die fulfilled are those who never try to chase happiness and perfection beyond the hills but who find it in the people who are close to them when they wake up and who lift you up no matter how weak they may be themselves, or how empty their pockets are.
I just wanted to celebrate the fact that I am a girl, that I enjoy behaving like one, that I can still find reasons to smile at the most mushiest of things, that I can be smart and lucid yet sensitive, that I will always take great pleasure in sharing the little things in life that make it a smoother wave to ride on.





No comments:

Post a Comment